Throughout our lives, various factors undoubtedly exacerbate our stress levels, and exercise may not always be at the top of our priorities. Did you know that physical activity offers unexpected benefits and helps reduce stress? Engaging in a pysical activity is an excellent way to release excess energy. Moreover, participating in sports doesn't necessarily mean enduring lengthy, gruelling workout sessions. In fact, simply playing outside with your children or taking a walk in your neighborhood can effectively lower your stress levels.
How it works:
- Physical activity stimulates the production of dopamine and endorphins (happiness and pleasure hormones), leading to a decrease in cortisol levels (the stress hormone), which provides an antidepressant effect;
- Engaging in physical activity allows you to focus on what your body is doing instead of dwelling on the stressful details of everyday life.
You could try:
- A quick 20-minute circuit workout.
- Skipping rope for 10 minutes.
- A series of simple resistance band exercises.