Recipe ideas and typical days of intermittent fasting
To help stick to an intermittent fasting plan, here are a few meal ideas for different eating windows:
- 16-hour window: Breakfast at 12pm, lunch at 4pm, dinner at 8pm.
- 14-hour window: Breakfast at 10am, lunch at 2pm, dinner at 8pm.
- 8-hour window: Breakfast at 10am, lunch at 2pm, dinner at 6pm.
Meals should be balanced in macronutrients and rich in nutritional foods.
1. For a balanced breakfast during your eating window on an intermittent fasting plan, consider a bowl of Greek yogurt with fresh berries, nuts and a spoonful of honey. This option give you a dose of protein, fibre and fat to help you feel satisfied until your next meal.
2. For lunch, opt for a quinoa salad with grilled vegetables and avocado. Season your salad with an olive oil and lemon dressing for a fresh touch. This salad is a rich source of protein, fibre and healthy fats, which will help maintain your energy all day long.
3. Finally, for your evening meal, go for grilled salmon with roasted broccoli and quinoa. Salmon is an excellent source of protein and omeg-3 fatty acids, and the broccoli and quinoa offer vitamins, minerals and essential fibres. This nutritious combination is an excellent way to end your day of intermittent fasting.
These meal ideas are designed to be balanced, nutritious and adapted to an intermittent fasting plan by providing the essential nutrients needed while respecting your eating window.